Friday, March 15, 2013

Rec Room Reno ... Part Seven!

Wow! Part Seven means it's been a week!  While it feels like we've done lots of work, it doesn't look even close to being finished. I know that this is the part that is the dreariest, when the behind-the-scenes stuff is being completed. And that stuff is important! Electrical, heating, insulation ... I know it's crucial to have those wires in the right place to make the TV work.  I know that logically.  But I want to put paint on the walls and hang pictures!

In a few minutes we'll be making the insulation purchase run (or runs) followed by the drywall purchase run.  Yay!

 The boss is in the rec room giving directions.
 J is on the deck, pulling the wire for the outlet on the back deck.
 S is in the basement, looping the wire through the pipes to the panel.
 J is no longer on the deck. He is running around the yard with Scooby. The outlet is dangling helplessly.  Yoo hoo!  Come back, J!  
S is still in the basement, coaxing the wire to its proper place.  A mere second after I snapped this picture he got it through and gave me a real smile, not a forced Smile-for-the-camera grimace.  Good work, troops!

Can I hang the pictures now?

No comments:

Post a Comment