Sunday, May 30, 2010

CRASH


As much as I love that our kids have motocross bikes and are eager to ride as often as humanly possible, I still hold my breath every time they fly over a jump until I see them safely on the other side. Every so often they crash. That's part of the game, as I understand it. It should be called Motocrash. When they do lose balance and come to an abrupt and violent stop, I always fear the worst. Last fall S damaged his ankle and spent 6 weeks on crutches. This time it was the younger fella. Crashed over his handlebars and landed on his right elbow. Broke the clutch lever right off. Three hours in the ER confirmed that nothing was broken but take a look at that arm. Ye Gads. Blue and yellow and swelling beyond description. A bit of a black eye and bruised belly too. Being a couch potato is safer, there's no doubt.

1 comment:

  1. Holy Cow! That is quite the arm. It looks like it would slow him down a bit?? Has he got back on the "horse" yet....
    GT

    ReplyDelete