Saturday, January 23, 2010

Winter Hike

While on a hike we saw a plethora of foot prints in the snow, and we had a fun time trying to figure out who they belong to.  Look at this big one!  P's boot is beside it for comparison.  And the next print is about a metre beyond this one; an impressive span!  I think Sesame Street is missing Big Bird.  There were so many criss-crossing trails of these prints.  Are they wild turkeys? A high traffic area.  What little critters do all these prints belong to?
Some are obviously rabbits, and I think some belong to a fox.  I have a footprint book packed away in a box in the basement somewhere, and I know I should dig it out, but I'd rather be out in the woods than in the basement ...

Deer!

Take a look at this comfy wee seat for Elmer Fudd to sit in while hunting wabbits.  This is a few metres west of our property line, so I'll send a memo to the varmints to stay in the safer east regions.



No comments:

Post a Comment