Saturday, March 31, 2012

Final Touches in the Loo

You wouldn't think it would be very hard to select a mirror and light fixture for the main floor powder room, but it was! Finally, after much head-scratching, I bought a large round mirror, frameless but with a bevelled edge, which looks polished and doesn't distract from everything else in the small room, and it's width is exactly the same as the vanity, so it fits quite well. 

The light fixture was equally difficult to decide on. I was looking for something interesting and not a duplicate of the lights in the upstairs bath, something a bit modern to go with the Ikea cabinets.  And behold!  I found it at Lowes.  (Or should I say Lowes and Behold!?)  This has three small lamps, each taking a 60 watt bulb.  Nice and bright!


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a stunning selection! And Kelly says, "Holy Moly, it looks amazing." Although I still like the plywood floor for maintenance reasons. You may come to miss that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, do I miss the plywood floor! I've been sweeping and vacuuming more than I ever dreamed possible. I am going to change my name to Delia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope that is a beer in Pete's hand....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that sarcasm I hear? But I bet your are spending more time trying to keep that beautiful loo clean. Life is too short to spend it cleaning the bathroom - well ok, it does need to be done once in a while so not to gross out any house guests! Did you spend earth hour in there with some candles for ambience?

    ReplyDelete