Sunday, February 12, 2012

It's All in the Details

The past few days have been busy around the farm, with us picking out a paint colour for the powder room, and by us I mean P.  It's called "On the Rocks"; I love the name, but it makes me thirsty.

 So, while P is cutting in the paint in the corners, I am busy rearranging the newly-covered pillows for the livingroom.  I googled an "easy-to-sew" pattern for pillow covers, and whipped up one in red and one in an interesting mix of gold and red and sage green that I found on sale last week.  Now, if you know me, you know that I am hopeless, really, truly hopeless, with a sewing machine, and even the "easy-to-sew" patterns turn into complicated messes with heaps of hanging threads all gooped together in dripping knots.  So, undertaking this project was quite adventurous for me.  And I did it!  The pattern in a fold-over style not unlike Ikea pillow cases.  Easy. 
 And while P is rolling on the first coat, I'm sitting back enjoying my finished masterpieces.  Hmmm.  Perhaps I'll try quilting next.

1 comment:

  1. There is nothing you can't do!!!!Amazing work of art are those pillows. Keep that machine oiled - who knows what may be next. I so proud of you...bathrood is nice too P.

    ReplyDelete