Saturday, May 28, 2011

Long Overdue Update




Although our farm is in a continuous state of repair, there are moments that take my breath away, when the rain has briefly stopped and the sun makes a sweet appearance. If we just look away from the many things that need doing and focus on something beautiful, everything is put in perspective. We've been visited by hoards of hummingbirds lately, thanks to the new feeders that GT and Bop hung up, and the distinctive buzz is fairly frequent. This is a close-close-up of one wee bird; I can't see the colours so I can't identify it. Any suggestions?

A sight most beautiful is that of my eldest son willingly and enthusiastically taking the traditional male role of "King of the BBQ". Doesn't get better than that!

1 comment:

  1. I think I will borrow your King of BBQ for a few weeks in July. That is a breathtaking pic of a Cavan sun...
    GT

    ReplyDelete