Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Sliver of Truth

Yesterday I got the nastiest paper cut on my right hand, in that wrinkly part between my thumb and forefinger, and every time I opened a book or held a pen, that little paper cut stung like a devil. I complained about it in too much detail to P, who then countered with his own anecdote.

He'd been to the cast clinic, had more xrays taken, had all the staples removed and had a meeting with his surgeon. A total of 18 staples in one incision and 25 in the other, and he still has a smile on his face. He's now in an air cast so he can submerge his entire body in the bath!! Yay! We scrubbed him up and hardly recognized him afterwards. The bottom line from the surgeon is that he'll be in some sort of cast for 12 weeks, and for the first 6 (only 4 to go) in a non-weight bearing one. No walking. At. All.

What a whiner. My paper cut is way worse.

2 comments:

  1. My oh my, what a happy and handsome looking patient he is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOPS! I almost forgot to wish you a very happy
    BIRTHDAY.....AND MANY MORE!!!!

    ReplyDelete